Monday, August 4, 2008

Loaner Cars Suck and Paula Deen's Buns

Yesterday I took my car in because the brakes were making a funny noise. Since I literally just got it serviced only a couple of weeks ago, I don't know what they were doing when I took it in last time. The loaner car I got today was an '08 Volvo C30. Last time I drove the '08 XC90 SUV. Much different. Today's car sucked. It is a two door hatch back and is incredibly hard to get in and out of for a preggers gal like me. Every time I get in I huff and puff just to squish in the seat. When I get out I always hit car door next to me. The door is too long or something. I love all of the other loaners I have driven, but not this model. Nope. Plus the skirt I was wearing was a tight denim thing that was not forgiving.

Paula Deen was baking homemade cinnamon buns yesterday evening. They look fabulous. I will take one Paula, actually make that two! Just minus one of those sticks of butter and I am good to go! And throw in a cupcake for dessert.

Hubbs is out of town this week again for work. Looks like it is going to be a week of cereal for dinner! Or maybe Cinnabon?
Just got word from the dealership that the brake pads are gonna cost $245 bucks!!!! That is the same price of the new Coach purse I have been lusting after. I guess safety is more important that material items....

3 comments:

Mojavi said...

when I was prego with Kya my hubby had to help me get out of his car because it was so low. Even my Jetta was hard. Now with the minivan I can at least get in and out without any trouble.

Just Jiff said...

I drive an SUV for that very reason. I had no problems getting in and out of it and I never wore cute little skirts, so I can't relate there. I always wore pants. With nice big stretchy bands. :)

Jen said...

I am having brake issues as well! Also- my husband is out of town these week and I just ate a lot of BREAD and very expensive cheese for dinner. Next up: Ice Cream. You would think I was preggers... sheesh.