Monday, March 3, 2008

Housekeeping


My mom stayed at our house while were gone in AZ (to watch our kitty and pooch). When I walked in last night our house was spotless (mopped floors and everything), she had bought me more sponges, made me deviled eggs, cleaned my grapes, did my ironing, cleaned out the kitty litter box (I know), bought me kleenex boxes for pretty much every room (I have never have kleenex, and it drives her nuts). The carpet was vacuumed and she even got out my Easter decorations and bought us Easter candy! I keep the house pretty clean (she taught me well) but I should of known that when she sees an unorganized linen closet, it was down hill from there!

She also left us a brand new scale which was waiting for us in our master bathroom. Is that a hint, mom? The last one we had was circa 1985 from grandparent's home and was always 10 lbs. too heavy. Needless to say, I said she could stay at our house whenever she wanted to, even when we were there. So relieved I don't have to clean the house when I get home tonight. I am so lucky.

4 comments:

Just Jiff said...

WOW!!! Can she come to my house??

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I am so totally jealous!!

Anth said...

I am extremely jealous. My mom wouldn't know housecleaning if it whacked her on the head. Though she does buy the nice expensive Kleenex with aloe when she comes to visit. And also buys fancy foods I can never justify. So there are advantages to her visiting. Ha ha

Christy said...

Your mom seriously needs to come visit my house. I have lots of messy rooms to keep her busy.