I finally feel okay to say this....... I..... am..... preggers, knocked up, got a bun in the oven, expecting, etc. I am 9 weeks today. How did this happen you might wonder? Well, I don't feel like I need to go into the birds and the bees because, in all actuality, we know how this happened.
It has been a tight secret to keep. The only ones who know is the family, but that is it. Thinking about telling the boss this week so she can understand why I am always feeling like crap. She is a mom so hopefully she will be understanding.
The truth is, I started this blog to chronicle pregnancy. When I started it we were "not protecting", (I hate the word "trying"). So when I found out I was preggers, I wanted to make sure before I actually started documenting things. But after, two ultrasounds, feeling like crap, vuluptious boobies, crazy dreams and food aversions, I guess this thing is real and okay to start discussing.
I am thrilled, and excited. Some days it is all I can think about, some days I barely think about it. The hubbs is thrilled and has turned into quite the caretaker. Prior to being storked he did not cook. Now at least twice a week he makes me breakfast, helps out at dinner time and checks in to make sure I am eating my meat.
I never thought this pregnancy thing would be so confusing. I had no idea the amount of foods you could not eat! I am still ticked off about the no lunch meat rule! Come on. You know how good a ham and cheese sandwich sounds right now? On sourdough.
There are so many tests I need to take which check things with really long names that I don't understand. I just want to make sure I am doing everything right, but it seems so hard! No soft cheeses, no lunch meat, no cleaning the kitty litter (fine by me), no drinking (duh), little or no seafood, no aleve! I am prone to a mean headache and truly live off of Aleve, so having to suffer through headaches is hard. Although I have taken some Tylenol (because my doc said I could), they don't kick enough of my headache's ass.
Bottom line to all of this, now that I am storked, I worry about everything. To understand the intensity of my worry, I will list them in no particular order.
1) Sleeping on my stomach
2) Getting all my nutrients
3) I've been eating so much I worry I am going gain more than the 3-4 lbs. you are supposed to gain in the first trimester
4) I worry about the tylenol I have taken
5) I wash my hands 2,000 times a day, they are so dry that if I moved my hand across my face I would get a laceration
6) Tossing my cookies at work
7) Germs are now everywhere, wheras three months ago I firmly believed in the 5 second (heck 30 second rule)
8) Ignoring the fact I have to pee in the middle of the night and going back to sleep will cause a nasty UTI.
9) What people at work will think of me once the news gets out (which I am planning on doing when I start showing, except my boss)
10) And all things most mom's worry about, the scientific stuff.
Okay, that's it for today. I now have heartburn from that damn good Carl's Jr. dinner. Yes, Sunday dinner at Carl's Jr. I love being pregnant.