Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fashion Fiend


Only a couple weeks into blogging and I am already slacking. Been caught up with some personal items which I will fail to mention as they are unpleasant and not interesting. I have also been consumed with the 2008 Mercedes Benz Fall Fashion Week in New York.


Let me start of by saying that I love fashion, New York and pop culture so New York fashion week(s) is my favorite time of year (aside from major holidays). Daily I am reading my Glamour blogs, New York Post fashion week coverage, In Style Coverage, etc. I love it all. I think it really started last May when I was in New York for work, I stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel. Fashion week is always held in Bryant Park so the hotel I stayed at is the closest one to the madness. I did not stay there when the week was going on, but my tv had a channel which showed all of the designer's shows from the previous fashion week. The hotel revolves around the fashion elite. I became enthralled with watching the shows on that special "fashion channel".


While I love fashion, I am not the most trendy. I tend to choose classic pieces and dress the outfit with cute and different shoes, belts, scarves, etc. I love a great bag, especially Kate Spade.


Someday I will attend Fashion Week as a spectator. Don't exactly know how I could get in unless it had something to do with my work. I have brought up the idea before and it was not rejected (which is always a good sign). Anyhoo, until then I will continue to salivate as I look at pictures of some shows like Diane von Furstenberg, Tory Burch, Max Azria (see photo), Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs. I will visualize what I would be wearing to such events and who I would like to see in the front row. Would I be able to go to any of the after parties? I guess it would depend on who I knew. Until then, I will wish and keeping studying the pages of my magazines.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I am clueless about fashion. I think it has something to do with where I live. 50% of the women here do not shave there legs. Anyhoo, you want to be my personal stylist?