Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Madness

I have decided that if I don't go grocery shopping on the weekends, my Monday is determined to be chaotic. For instance, I hate not having much food in the house. I always like selections. So if I wake up on a Monday morning and there is nothing for lunch except an extremely ripe banana and some peanut butter, than my day will for sure be crazy.

If there is food in the cupboards, we are all good. When I bring my super healthy lunches, I feel put together (even though I usually don't look it) and know that I won't have to panic at the first stomach rumblings of the day. Like today, I had no lunch. It was my plan to go home and make something out of my peanut butter and banana, but got caught up at my desk and ended up hurrying over to a nearby market to pick up some bland soup and not so filling mini green salad. I still waisted about 20 minutes and the lunch did not even hold me long. So now I sit here at 4:00 p.m. and famished. I will be going grocery shopping after work to stock up, my little list is waiting for me next to my pencil jar.

Just shows, how important it is to stick to the weekend grocery shopping schedule. Okay, really boring post, I know. But I am fired up about it and with nothing to eat!

2 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I didn't get bored once. Actually I'm kind of in the same boat. We needed groceries so bad it was altering my life happiness until we finally broke down and went last night. Ahhhhh... the relief!

Jen said...

I am the same way. I need to have our dinner menu planned out for the entire week or our lives are completely chaotic come dinnertime. Then we can use the leftovers for lunches and all is well in FOOD LAND!