Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Waiting Game

Okay, false start. Apparently I am in still in pre-labor or early labor. Lost the mucus plug/bloody show so that's a sign but my contractions have calmed down a bit, although still strong but painless. I have looked up every stinking symptom of labor in the book. Every slight cramp or feeling of indigestion has me wondering "is this it!!!???" I keep having some stupid idea that I won't know when labor is actually starting. Yeah, alright. Today I go see my doctor so maybe she can tell me if I am getting any freaking closer.


In the meantime I have eaten spicy food, pineapple, taken 19 walks (which Lucy is loving by the way), wolfed down pizza, massaged my pressure points, hanky panky and tried to stay as active as possible.


Also, hubbs made a new and exciting purchase. We got the Nikon D60 camera so now we can take fancy photos like some of you bloggers out there that are super talented and stuff. To test out the camera, we took a little nature walk around the neighborhood yesterday. Mid-photo shoot a 12 year old girl came riding by on her Vespa look alike mini bike and stopped and watched hubbs take photos. Kind of awkward. So here are some photos, 38 1/2 weeks!





So obviously we need to read the manual a bit more to check out all of the camera's features, plus maybe even take some classes. But still, the camera is cool.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are close. I love all the things you have been doing. Being active is awesome. I know of a girl who has literally LAID around her entire pregnancy and bitched the whole time.

The pictures are great. You look beautiful!!!

Just Jiff said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous pictures of you in front of the red tree!!!

And I have been checking your blog 3-4 times a day for updates, and finally today I decided that you must be in active labor at the hospital. lol. So much for that. I'm excited for you!!!! I can't wait!!!

Oh, and thank you for the award. Very sweet of you. And you aren't lazy...you're pregnant!!!

Jen said...

I did EVERYTHING to try to get Cole to come out early. EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF! I was also driving myself crazy wondering about every little pang- and you know what? When your water breaks- it BREAKS. It's like GALLONS (I am not exaggerating)- also- your contractions hurt so bad- worse than anything you have ever felt before cramp-wise. (Not trying to scare you- they really aren't that bad because it's SO EXCITING!)

Jen said...

Oh and THX for the AWARD!

Katie Marie said...

Ha ha, Jen is hilarious.

She's right, breaking water is like a flood between your legs. So gross.

You look so amazing for being almost done. I looked like a house, maybe 2 houses, or just a really big house like the white house.

You look like a condo. So jealous.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Great pics!