Monday, October 13, 2008

Kind of Nesting

So now that I am home I figured I would be a ball of fire organizing photo albums, alphabetizing my spice cupboard, making casseroles to freeze for later, etc. but in all actuality, all I have been doing is running damn errands. I think in one week I have made it to Target at least 3 times. Getting what? Oh, maybe some toothpaste, Corn Chex, curtain rod, Halloween candy and a sweater dress. Clearly items which required three trips.

I just don't have the drive to do the crazy nesting things I have been hearing pregnant women do prior to going into labor. I do have a couple of home projects to tackle this week and I did put out my Halloween/Harvest decorations, so that counts for something. Plus I have been doing endless loads of laundry, cleaning and made two loaves of pumpkin bread! I guess everyone is different. All I know is that no project can take that long where I miss lunch because I learned my lesson last week when I was shopping for a birthday present over the lunch time hour. I had to high tail it out of Macys because my hands were shaking and I knew my stomach needed food soon or else it would be me and McDonalds for a lunch date, which just was not going to fly.

In other news, Lucy has apparently discovered that our bed is the comfiest thing since the couches downstairs. She spends her days passed out on our bed, literally all day long. Hubbs put together the pack n' play this weekend as well as the stroller and infant car seat. Getting closer!

4 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

:)
I suppose we all nest in our own ways.
The nesting REALLY kicked in for me about 2 days before my delivery.

Just Jiff said...

I didn't nest much either. I was too tired and sore to mess with it. :)

Jen said...

I nested more in my 6th month and then like 2 days before I went into labor. I was outside raking leaves and cleaning the sidewalk for crying out loud!

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

I only nested one day during my pregnancy, and it didn't involve any cleaning. I became obsessed with organizing my honeymoon and wedding pictures. I think I stayed up until 2 AM working on it, and it was like 2 weeks before the doctor finally induced me.