Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Let's Get Physical

First session of Prenatal Yoga was last night. I will be going once a week until I decide that the class is worthwhile or worthless. My sister-in-law and a coworker friend Sharon, also attends. Just one more act of physical activity to add to my schedule. I must say I have been quite the active pregnant lady lately. I noticed a difference at my water fitness glass on Saturday. My thighs were much more firm when doing my dog paddling than I remembered. Aside from my water fitness, yoga, regular trips to the elliptical and my free weights, I just need to add in some lap swimming and all will be good.

The class was good and took quite a bit of strength. My feet cramped the entire time and the "relaxation pose" did nothing more than aggravate my sciatica. There were about 7 of us in the class. The most pregnant was a lady who was 31 weeks, I think. She was having a hard time. Actually, we all were having a bit of a hard time. I was just scared I would let out a fart mid "downward dog".

This morning I got a bunch of my mineral makeup (Bare Escentuals) in my eye. Literally, there is powder on my eyeball. I can not get it all out and can feel the grime. Gross.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I hope when the day comes that I get pregnant, I am as active as you. That is awesome.