Monday, September 22, 2008

The Saga Continues....

Okay, I ate my words about what I said about strollers. Last weekend at my baby shower my mother-in-law gave us the stroller we wanted. Unfortunately, I immediately noticed a couple of snags in the fabric right at the front. I am a stickler for having things perfect. No way was I going to keep a stroller that was already defective in my eyes. Then as we were loading my car full of the gifts, I soon realized how large the stroller ended up being when folded. It took up 3/4's of the trunk of my Volvo sedan plus weighed about ten tons. That was it, I was over the stroller and realized that I needed to trade up. It looked like a great stroller in the store and handled well but the snags, fold up size and weight were not going to work. So we cruised back down to the baby store and returned the Graco and purchased the Peg Perego Pliko in Moka. I had checked it out before and liked it but decided to go with the Graco for some other reason like the extra cup holder or something. After reading raving reviews about the Peg online, I decided that I wanted something I was going to be happy with. The Peg is 10 lbs. lighter than the Graco. TEN POUNDS! Plus it folds up vertically and much smaller than the Graco Family Truckster. Plus you can remove the seat lining to wash which I love. More expensive, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

1 comment:

Jen said...

In my experience (which is still somewhat fairly limited) I think you should go with what you REALLY want and what works for you- even if it is more expensive up front- because IF you want to have other kids, you don't want something that you will think "I am NOT using that old ____ this time around! I hated it!" because you will end up buying another ______. So, that's my theory. Buy what you want and make it last.