Halloween kicks off my three month period of gluttony. What with the leftover candy at home and at the office, it is amazing I am not 400 lbs. heavier. Then we launch right into Miss S's birthday, followed by Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving leftovers, holiday parties, holiday cookie baking, Christmas and New Year's. I have to say though, so far I've been pretty good about not eating too much candy, so hopefully that parlays into the rest of the season. But besides the mashed potatoes and gravy, the artichoke dip, stuffed mushrooms, cheese balls, truffles, glasses of bubbly, fondue, prime rib and other treats, there are many reasons why I love this time of year.
1) I have a lot days off in a short period of time. From Thanksgiving to New Years I get a total of 3 weeks off (including weekend days) which is pretty frickin' awesome.
2) The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, A Charlie Brown Christmas
4) Plaid Flannel Shirts
5) Hot Cider
6) Dean Martin Christmas classics
7) Hot cider
8) The smell of a fresh cut Costco Christmas tree, no plastic one in this house!
9) The smell of fires burning in chimneys
10) Brisk walks around the neighborhood
11) Need I even say the awesome colors on all of the leaves?
12) Love Actually
13) Pot Roast
14) Monday Night Football
15) Pea Coats
16) Online Shopping deals
17) Christmas lights
18) Holiday Cards
19) Peppermint Ice Cream
20) The red cups