Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Take it Back Tuesday

The other day I remembered back to a pair of shoes I purchased during one of my first visits to New York City. I had some time to kill by Rockefeller Center, and I wandered into the Nine West store. They were running some sort of "Buy One Get Second Pair 50%" deal. I quickly found one cute pair of black patent driving mocs, and for some reason I was drawn to another slightly different pair. Maybe it was being in the Fashion Capital of the World that made me go for them, but I did. They were white, patent leather, point toe shoes with KITTEN HEELS! Now separatetly, those are not bad, but when combined....not so good.   However, I purchased them anyways, traveled back home and tried them on with some of my clothes and to my horror realized I looked like Cousin Eddie in National Lampoon's Vacation. Remember these bad boys?

Yep, I was pretty much wearing the same exact thing. I was too embarassed to even show Hubb's so I made a bee line to the nearest Nine West store and quickly returned them. I don't know what triggered that thought. Have you ever had horrible judment when making purchases? You get caught up in the moment and later wonder what the heck you were thinking?

No comments: