Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ode to the Irish

I am not Irish. I am German and Norwegion, however, I still wear green on St. Patty's Day. I dress my daughter in green on St. Patty's Day. I eat corned beef and cabbage and about 537 potato pancakes on St. Patty's Day. I like traditions, dammit, whether they really are relevant to me or not. Maybe I like traditions because basically they always involve wearing special items and consuming large quantities of food. Who really cares anyways.

I am about to embark on Budget Crackdown 2010. Not too thrilled about that one. Why? Well, I like to shop. I like Starbucks and I like spending too much on groceries each week. So basically, I just don't like the constraints of a budget. I figure, I work my arse off all week so that I can have a little fun now and then. But, I am back to brown bagging for awhile and maybe whittle down visits to the GAP, but come one I need to buy Spring clothes for not only myself but an adorable little girl whose little tee shirts from winter are so snug it is rediculous, but incredibly cute. Oh, and I am sure the hubbs needs some essential tee-shirts too.

And, to prove my non-existent point, it was 77 degrees today. Spring really is right around the corner. Why can't spring clothes grow on trees?

3 comments:

Christy said...

You have to buy everything off the clearance racks the season before. Last fall I bought all of my kids' spring/summer clothes for this year. I didn't pay more than $5 for anything in their closets.

P.S. Old navy often has 50% off their already clearances clothes. I got shirts for $0.97!

Penney said...

http://www.someecards.com/st-patricks-day-cards/my-alcoholism-supersedes-my-judaism-on-st-patricks-day

Yeah...I'm not actually Jewish...I just like the card...and it fits your following the tradition despite it not being YOUR tradition, so I wanted to share =)

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Lainey-Paney said...

whittle down the budget: you'll be glad you did!