Tuesday, September 1, 2009

You Know You Are A Mom When....

-You show up to work and realize your underwear is inside-out
-You have to explain to your co-worker that the diaper in your car really is clean and fell out of the diaper bag en route to daycare
-You get teary eyed when you drop off your little one to daycare and notice a toddler crying because he wants his mommy

Since giving birth I have had a hard time digesting really big meals, or they go right through me. This usually happens after we go out to eat and I order a hamburger. Something about the grease has been bugging me. A couple months back I got sick from eating a hamburger and fries and assumed it was food poisoning. Yesterday at a work lunch, I ordered a gigantic burger with fries and immediately following I felt like I was ridiculously stuffed. I had no appetite at dinner and sometime in the evening I got nauseous and ended up puking for four hours off and on. I woke up today feeling horrible, slightly nauseous but was able to pull myself together to get myself and Sonya ready to get to work since hubbs left super early. I have splitting pain across my back shoulder blades. Could I have gallbladder issues? Has anyone ever heard of symptoms like that?

2 comments:

Christy said...

I had my gallbladder removed last year, but my symptoms were completely different. After eating a meal (any meal - even a bowl of cereal), I would get this horrible pain in the center of my abdomen, right below my rib cage. It is a pain I'll never forget - almost like someone was stabbing me with a knife and occasionally they would twist the blade. It was horrible. The pain would last anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. Eventually, the pain would make me vomit. And then I would feel completely fine.

Every time it would happen, I would be thisclose to going to the ER. I had a newborn at home, so I keep thinking it was some strange pregnancy/postpartum thing. It wasn't. After suffering for a month, I finally went to the doctor and an ultrasound revealed numerous gallstones.

They told me that pregnancy can contribute to gallstones. You might want to have it checked out - especially if it is happening frequently. There is no need to be miserable.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Right after I had my son I had HORRIBLE back pain for over a month that hurt so bad I felt SUICIDAL! Get it checked. I had to have my gall bladder out IMMEDIATELY it was so bad... a lot of the same signs...

...and mine was on the verge of liver damage. :-(