Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dear Target....***

Why must you insist on spending all of my money. You lure me in with your cutesy advertisements week after freaking week. I visit you to buy only a couple of things. Today it was:
hand soap
baby food grinder
bottles
sponges

Walked out with:
baby food grinder
Baby Einstein DVD
Pink shorts for Sonya
bottles
tag along toys for Sonya's car seat

So I forgot the hand soap and sponges because I was too busy deciding on which of the shirts I was going to buy for myself. It wasn't until I was in the check out line that I said "eff it!" I'm not buying me any shirts! And I had a list right in front of me. Today was actually a good day. Some times when your clothes are cuter (which they aren't right now, you might want to give Isaac Mizrahi a little ring a ding and have him get his act together real soon) I get a little more crazy.

Maybe it is the popcorn smell or the lighting, the way things are displayed, I just have the urge to fill my cart. You make me weak Target, weak at the knees, err purse strings.

Sincerely,

Missy Marshmallow

***Pointless post #4,378,

4 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That's awesome. Well, not really, but I totally get it.

Stephanie said...

And that is why I limit myself going there. It's always bad when I go, ALWAYS!!!

Just Jiff said...

I'm a sucker for Target too. There's a reason they call the store Target... they're calling US the Targets...and when they pur our name on their store...we go running to fill up our red cart. Sigh.

Jen said...

Target just gets ALL OF US. Every last one. Stupid ads. I think I am going to stop getting the newspaper because of them. :-P