Monday, March 23, 2009

Belated Birthday

Thursday was my birthday. It came and went so quickly I almost forgot to blog about it. Hubbs sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers filled with orchids, roses, and other types of gorgeousness. My boss took me out to a nice lunch. I came home to find my perfect card from Hubbs next to a new rubber spatula.Why a spatula? For the longest time we have only had metal spatulas but they don't work for the non stick frying pans. When I use the non-stick ones, I have to use a rubber cake scraper to flip things. It is a bit tacky and Hubbs has been grumbling about this situation for quite some time. He finally broke down and bought one, which is perfect. Romantic? No, thoughtful...yes.. He also got me super cute D&G aviator sunglasses I had been coveting for awhile. A bit "Maverick-ish" a la Top Gun. I think they are sexy. We enjoyed dinner at our favorite restaurant in town where I feasted on a filet mignon. It was wonderful. My mom watched Sonya so we were able to have an "adult" dinner.

We celebrated my b-day with the rest of my family on Saturday night at my parents house. My mom made me some fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, soft rolls and shrimp-mandarin salad. The meal was topped off with my requested dessert of carrot cake. My mom got me this super cute long cardigan from J-Crew. LOVE IT. She also got me some other clothes which I so need right now.

It was a good time to be had and I can't believe another year has gone by so quickly.

5 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Ok, I have to ask where you get filet around here good though... I mean, didn't Cattleman's close?

We went to the old Western Boot Steakhouse, Jackie's whatever not too long ago and were totally disappointed!

Am I missing another place?

Stephanie said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Sounds like it was a wonderful time. :)

Just Jiff said...

Happy belated birthday. :)

Stefanie said...

Marni, it was La Gare. Love it.

Lainey-Paney said...

Happy belated birthday!

...hey, that dinner sounds awesome. maybe your mom can cook for my next birthday????