Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mom of the Fricking Year

Since Miss S started walking a solid year ago, I must of acquired about 500 gray hairs. However, I hi-lite my hair so you would never know. She is a wild girl. We have had our share of falls, scrapes, scratches, nose dives, face plants, etc. Good thing she is so tough or else we would of have had endless days of tears. However, since she is so tough, it is sometimes hard to distinguish when she really does hurt herself. Case in point Sunday.

I was fixing dinner (pulled pork sandwiches to be exact) when I heard her run full speed into the living and fall. Hard. So hard that she immediately started screaming but then wound up so hard that she let out no noise for a couple seconds then started wailing again. I asked her where her "boo boo" was but she couldn't tell me. She calmed down in a few minutes and acted like nothing happened. About an hour later in the bath a red line started appearing over the bridge of her nose indicating that it was the thing that took the brunt of her fall. I also noticed a little swelling. I immediately began to worry because I broke my nose in junior high and since then have a bump on it. Here she had a perfect nose and I didn't want her nose to be funky like mine. I know, such a shallow thought.

Hubbs assured me she was fine and that the doctor wouldn't be able to do anything anyways. Fast forward the next day and it was more blue. Yesterday it was really blue. Today it is better. However, taking her out in public is pretty embarrassing. People eye us up suspiciously. But I am used to that, she always has something on her. Come to think of it, this post seems very familiar. Seems like I just wrote a similar one a couple months back when she busted her lip open (which did leave a scar). I tell ya, just when I thought she was mellowing down, she starts falling again!

I definitely do not feel like the Mom of the Year.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Both of Izzy's front teeth are chipped. He fell out the front door when he was like 9 months old. Then a year later he fell down the front steps. Ugh. His teeth are crazy looking! The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that in a few more years, he'll get a brand new set of teeth.