1) Coordinating flight times around nap time is money
2) Take advantage of the airlines and request a couple extra plastic drink cups for your baby to play with
3) Bring plenty of useful toys. Not just lead laced ones from the dollar store such as a pink pig sponge.
4) Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize
5) $12 umbrella strollers from Target are not made for anyone taller than 4 feet tall
6) The Family Line at the Security Check Point is not that VIP-ish. In fact it is sometimes more of a pain in the ass depending on the number of squirrelly kids and sleep deprived parents are in front of you slowing things down.
7) Traveling with other people (i.e. other family members) is a life saver
8) Pack n’ Plays are a pain in the ass to carry folded up
9) McDonalds French fries taste like heaven on earth to your child
10) Your “no bare feet on hotel room floors” goes out the window immediately
11) Sticking to nap times is money
12) Bring a thermometer in case your baby has a raging fever at midnight the night before you are supposed to fly back
13) Raisins are the gift from God.
14) No matter how hard you try not to be, eventually you will be “that family” that childless passengers glare at on the plane. Heck I used to be one of them.
15) Airplane bathrooms are not contusive to changing your baby’s diapers
16) Check your baby food or else you are going to get grief, I know big DUH, but I forgot folks, I forgot!!!
17) Despite a hectic trip, my little one still was a doll and beautiful all dressed up for the wedding. Despite being sick and getting another tooth, she was the ultimate trooper.