Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bathing Beauty

It's April which means there is about one more month before I will be at the pool. One month to update my swimsuit collection. I am a simpleton when it comes to bathing suits. I stick to solid color bikinis that look good on my fair skin- black, brown navy... however this year I feel like venturing out of my comfort zone. Maybe throw in a little print or different style of bathing suit... I haven't worn a one piece since I was about 10- scratch that 16 when I was a lifeguard and wore a red Speedo (this was during the Baywatch days).

This summer I will be taking Miss S to swim lessons. So my question is, is it appropriate to wear a bikini while I take her to the mommy & me class? Should I wear a one piece for that purpose only? I am a huge proponent of the bikini, however, maybe I need to tone it down? Here are some cute styles I saw at J.Crew, which is always known for their swimwear quality.

Always a sucker for sear sucker!

This is my favorite. Love the ruffles, love the Navy- Surprise!

A little outside the box, but I just love ruffles!


Perfect for a BBQ, 4th of July or a vacation in Cape Cod

A simple one piece with of course, ruffles.

Had to throw a striped one for good measure. I like the straps on this one.
Clearly you see I am simple when it comes to bathing suits. I like classic styles and cuts that will look good for a long time.

No comments: